design boards


 Have you made any of the design boards that Lori Holt demonstrated almost 4 years ago on her blog?
I have made a few bigger ones that I use from time to time.
http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/2011/07/mini-design-board-tutorial.html
This weekend I had a zillion scrappy 9" blocks that needed to be laid out in a certain order. My bigger boards were not very handy and I really didn't want to spend all weekend making boards. I had a couple rolls of this amazing stuff.
 I actually didn't even know it was fabric. I had 2 packages of it in my "junk".

It is lightweight and easy to work while still having the strength of duck tape. The choices of this fabric duck tape is very limited but it served its purpose. The boards aren't near as nice as Lori's are, but I was able to make 5 of them in about 15 minutes and get back to sewing. I also realized how I could use lots more of these.
See Lori's blog post for the complete instructions.
http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/2011/07/mini-design-board-tutorial.html
I hope you are able to make a few. They also make great presents for your quilting friends. 

-modalissa



Labels: , ,