Are you ready for a quilt-along?

Is Quiltalong one word or two? I guess it depends on if you are using a hashtag or not, right?
Other than in the social media world, I believe quilt-along should be 2 words or at least hyphened, since you need more than one person to quilt along with you. 
So here is your invitation to join in on the 
first ever 
American Patchwork and Quilting's
quilt-along.

“Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting® magazine. ©2013 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.”
 You will need the February issue on newstands, December 3rd.
Also you are going to need a little fabric and I know you
have some of that laying around!
No pressure, no big deadlines. We are going to work on
this through February 2014.

quilted by Natalia Bonner of Piece n Quilt
 “Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting® magazine. ©2013 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.”
 Here is my quilt that I am so PROUD of.
 I love it!
This is one of my favorite quilts for many reasons.

1. It is scrappy!

2. It uses a bunch of different moda designers' fabrics.

3. It was inspired by a new friend's antique quilt.

4. It makes me happy just to look at it.

5. I am going to have a few friends, old and new making this quilt right along with me thanks to the team at American Patchwork and Quilting.

 (thank you Jennifer and Elizabeth)

6. I got out of my box and tried something new. 



Some of the crew that will also be doing the APQ quilt-along
 is the über-talented,
Camille Roskelley of Thimbleblossoms.
The queen of shabby greatness
Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill.
The gal that invented the energizer batteries,
Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life.
The quilt/wordsmith that is sure to entertain us all, 
Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's.
Big or small, this one does it all, 
Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings.
The princess of fat quarters, 
Kimberly Jolly of the Jolly Jabber.
Any low volume/neutral project, should include 
Amy Ellis of  Amy's Creative Side.
side note: Amy is a new designer with......Moda! Yes, you heard it here. 
more info coming soon.
How about quilting from down under with
Jane Davidson of Want it, Need it, Quilt?
(APQ is also available as a download so everyone can quilt-along)

There may even be a surprise as one of the
APQ editors quilts-along.


Join back on the November 25th as I share 
 about how I got out of my box and tried something new.

In the meantime use the hashtag 
#APQquiltalong to keep informed.
and 

7. I would be thrilled if you decided to quilt-long with us.

-modalissa








Labels: , , , ,