Cocktail Party Starters

oh I am at a total loss on this one....I am not a party person.
I asked my best friend for suggestions. She reminded me that I would go directly to any of the kids at the party. I guess I relate best to the young 'ens. This does not help me at a "cocktail party."
So I had to consult the expert, Gammy. (that's my mom) Artist and Salesperson who has never met a stranger should be able to give me lots of pointers. My family also threw in their suggestions. Keep in mind they majority of them are males and in their 20's.

Depending on what type of cocktail party, Muy Guapo! is usually what Gammy says to all the males.
(Spanish for Very Handsome.)  Cocktail party or waiter bringing a frozen margarita, doesn't really matter. Works on both. She would be dangerous if she knew any more Spanish.
Other tips from the family:
Don't wait for them to come to you.
Smile...
I thought you were a movie star...
Did it hurt when you fell from heaven? (this son was confused between pick up lines and opening lines)

Are you with the bride or the groom?
Are you on FACEBOOK?
I just learned that...FILL IN THE BLANK EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT UP.
Are you from around here?
Didn't you hear me?
Remember their name and use it in conversation.
The rest were not suitable for print.
Never ask a yes or no question. Ask about their family, hobbies, etc.  What my dad always taught me comes into play here. God gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth. Use them accordingly. You will be surprised at how much you learn.

What I am lacking on Cocktail Party Chit Chat,
I have made up with my sister in laws, Oreo Cream Cheese Balls recipe.
CLICK HERE for printable version.

4 ingredients, easy to make,
looks and taste like Godiva chocolates

 Tip from my son Grant, Serve with "shooters" of milk.
 
Now be sure to check out the holiday projects that have been whipped up for you at Perkin's Dry Goods , Patrick Lose and Kelly Ann's Quilting

Labels: ,